As of April 24, 2020 (August’s 20th birthday), August is officially the oldest known, living Golden Retriever. Augie currently resides in Oakland, Tennessee with her pawrents, Jennifer and Steve Hetterscheidt, who adopted her at the age of 14.
Rescued from Golden Retriever Rescue of Southern Nevada, the Hetterscheidt’s originally fostered August, unsure how long she had left. Well, 6 years later and we’re happy to report that besides some minor health issues, Augie is in great shape!
It has also been confirmed that Augie is the 19th oldest dog in the world, According to Guinness World Records!
Story via The Insider
1. Before the Hetterscheidt’s, August lived with her previous owner in Utah.
2. The Hetterscheidts started to foster her in 2014, and figured they probably would only have her for a short amount of time, seeing that she was already 14-years-old.
3. Two years later, Augie was still going strong! So the couple decided to official adopt her!
4. And now, 6 years later, Augie is celebrating her 20th birthday!
5. Along with her family, three other healthy goldens! Hetterscheidt says August eats a normal diet and her longevity is due to her good genes.
6. Besides some minor Kidney failure, August is going quite strong!
7. Here she is looking adorable in a raincoat
8. Part of the pack! August is always included!
9. Look how active August still is! Jumping into a pool like it’s no problem.
10. Happy birthday to the beautiful August! We wish you all the love and happiness in the world!