Florida Man Dies after Vape Pen Explodes

Medical examiners have confirmed that a man from St. Petersburg, Florida has died due to injuries caused by his vape pen.
The incident occurred Saturday at a home at 316 19th Avenue NE.

Firefighters responded to a fire at the home and found 38-year-old Tallmadge Wakeman D’Elia severely burned over 45% of his body in one of the upstairs bedrooms. The 38-year-old was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
During the initial investigation, authorities discovered a vape pen which they later determined caused the fire.
A study conducted by FEMA/ US Fire Administration found that e-cigarettes and vape pens are known to cause explosions and due to their distinct shape, they can act as “flaming rockets.”

 

The post Florida Man Dies after Vape Pen Explodes appeared first on 850 WFTL.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *